Apr 29, 2019

Y is for Youth

Being around little people once again has brought such a fullness to my life. What is it about being around the young? What is the attraction of childlikeness?

Young children have such a 'joie de vivre'  and who doesn't want that?  They have energy. They live life in the present, without worry of the future. They aren't afraid to ask questions, to think, and to explore. They find joy in small things. They aren't afraid to make mistakes.



Spending time with my grandson brings back so many memories of when I was a young mom. My heart was full and I found so much joy in simply watching my children learn and enjoy life. They were so dependent on us, their parents.  To give myself to their growth and development, to focus on their happiness and health instead of just my own, expanded my life. We are meant to share and love and live in community and family says it best, I think. 

I don't want to forget what it means to be a child, and thankfully, the gift of grandchildren will remind me! 

Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty...Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
~Franz Kafka

1 comment:

  1. It is so true being around grandchildren it can help us remember our days of being a mom with young children. The time flew by so fast it is nice to live them again, albeit a bit differently, through our grandchildren.

    One more day left of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!