The first of May. Yes! Happy to be done with April, since it was mostly cool, cloudy, and wet. At least, that’s how I remember it. I have stashed away my winter clothes , but I find I’m still pulling out long sleeved tops! Hopefully May will be warm and sunny!
In celebration of the first of May, daughter and I visited one of the local gardening stores and we each left with a flat of lovely plants for our outdoor pots.
Oh, I know it won’t be the last of my bedding plant shopping, but it’s a start. And it feels a little more like Spring should now.
It was even sunny for a few minutes today and it made the view from our deck so satisfying.Things are finally greening up!
At Easter time, my cousin brought over a cherry tree limb he had pruned and suggested I put it in water and leave it indoors. So I did. I watched the buds bloom and then fall off, over the course of a week or two. It was really pretty!
What did you do in celebration of May Day?
Pretty flowers!! And lots of land you have! So green and so plentiful!! What did I do on May Day? worked mainly :) I just can't believe we are in May already; this year is going by too fast!
ReplyDeletebetty
Oh, that pic is of ours and our neighbours' property. A lot of space out there,though,which I like!
DeleteLovely flowers - I do so wish I had the green fingers to make my garden look lovely. As it is I have to use shrubs and lots of plants that can virtually look after themselves.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same.. no real green thumb here, either!
DeleteWe had sun here in Juniper for a few minutes too, but the rest of the day was not a good start to the month of May. Your flowers look so pretty! Have you planted any vegetables in your garden yet?
ReplyDeleteThat's my plan in the next few days.. I hope it warms up a bit more first!!
DeleteI forgot.
ReplyDeletePretty pictures!
I planted mine today! They look pretty good...you'll have to come over and see for yourself soon. I'm hoping to get the patio spruced up a bit more this weekend.
ReplyDelete