Despite the busyness of life and unforeseen and often unwelcome circumstances that sometimes threaten to steal our joy, we have managed to laugh and have a lot of fun together over the years. She has the best sense of humour and if I am ever really stressed, I just have to connect with her and she puts things into perspective, usually leaving me chuckling. And I know she appreciates my practical support and just 'being there' when she needs it. We've shared a lot of sister love these past four days.
What I've loved about our time together:
What is it about spring cleaning for someone else that makes it almost fun? My sis is a super busy girl, so I knew she would really appreciate it if I tackled the room that has been driving her crazy. I shared with her the simple question to ask when determining whether to keep or discard/give away an item-- Does it spark joy? Thankfully, she had already gone through her books earlier and kept the joy-sparking ones! That would have taken us all day just to do that! Several hours later, the room had been cleaned and reorganized. We loved that!
Taking a trail walk through Campbell Valley Park with M & D and the dogs. Being outdoors with some of my favorite people, enjoying a fresh spring morning..bliss.
Watching The Voice together. She introduced me to that show last year and now it's something I anticipate regularly. Last week, we watched in our respective homes and texted back and forth during the show, giving our opinions and critiques. But sitting side by side is even better! Except when one of us falls asleep (which seems to be a regular occurrence). Late night watching does that!
Enjoying a cup of coffee together whether in her (newly renovated) kitchen or in a cute little coffee shop in the heart of a nearby community, bustling with people listening, laughing, and sharing, bent over their drinks of choice. Oh, and the coconut/almond latte was worth every penny!
Meeting Enzo, her recently adopted chi. I've been considering getting a little dog for a while and when I met this little guy, well, it was sort of love at first sight. He is sweet, cuddly, and smart despite looking a bit like a rat (the feet are rather undogly). Some people don't consider chihuahuas real dogs, but I know better. I understand why they might not be appreciated by those who prefer big, thick coated dogs, but this little guy has a charm all his own. We have the option to adopt him next month, when he comes over for a week while my sister is on a road trip. But that will take some serious considering and possibly convincing. A dog does tie owners down, unless there are family or friends around willing to do some doggy care when necessary. So.. we shall see..
Will post a few pics when I get home!
Hope you have enjoyed some simple and lovely things the past few days, too!
How cool to spend the time with your sister! Enjoy the rest of your stay!
ReplyDeletebetty
Hi Neta! I just love spending time with my sisters, so I can just imagine what fun you had together. Just sharing a cup of coffee turns into an event, doesn't it? And I love nature walks...not cleaning so much...but with a sister, maybe it would be fun :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had some one-on-one time to enjoy!
Ceil