Aug 15, 2015
The Easy and Comfortable Life
It's at this time of the year that I can feel my stress levels start to inch up just a little, in anticipation of all the commitments coming up in the next few months. The sweet slower paced summer days will soon be over, monthly meetings reconvene, work gets into full gear again, church activities increase, ministry commitments begin, decisions on community classes of interest need to be made.. well, I'm sure you can add to this list.
It feels like the easy, comfortable life is over and REAL life begins again. And I'm not anticipating it, but rather dreading it just a little, to be honest.
This short video reminded me that the 'easy, comfortable' life is really not the goal and if I make it that, I will always be striving towards it and become dissatisfied with the everyday challenges and commitments that make up my one, precious, unique life. Do I really want everyday to be a day without something to stretch and grow me? Do I want to live in my own little selfish bubble where comfort and ease is king?
I was reminded that these challenges and commitments ahead of me, if I keep my attitude in check, are what can make for a fulfilling, passionate life.
It's in the giving that we receive.
My prayer is that I will remember this as I begin to plan and implement my goals and schedule this next season.
What did you think of this little video?
Labels:
busy times,
decisions,
faith,
family,
God,
new year,
ordinary everyday,
personal growth,
prayer,
real life,
truth,
what matters,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo much truth in that video! I think it needs to be shown to high school kids :)
ReplyDeletebetty